Thursday, 25 November 2021

I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway

I was beginning to think it wasn’t possible, but the Secretary of State for DCMS has managed to embarrass herself even more by suggesting Channel 4 is in receipt of taxpayers’ money when, in fact, it is funded entirely by its own commercial activities.

In a further desperate attempt to wriggle her way out of the blunder, Nadine Dorries claimed C4 borrowings sit on the government balance sheet. Its accounts show no government loans.

It generated a pre-tax surplus of £74m in its last financial year and reported cash reserves of £201m. Profits go straight back into the independent production sector to deliver more diverse public service programming for underserved audience.

Don’t worry though, it’s not like she’s deciding the channel’s future or anything... ah, bollocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Swift boost for radio

If you were anywhere near a radio this morning, you’ll know it was Taylor Swift’s world and we were all just living in it. The billionaire s...