Thursday, 26 September 2019

Radio 2 Beatles can't be streamed online?

Radio 2 Beatles is a pop-up brand extension to celebrate 50 years since the release of Abbey Road.

The curveball is you can only listen live on DAB with fans being encouraged to listen on-demand via BBC Sounds. I can't think of any other station, in 2019, that is only accessible via a physical radio "set".

I totally understand the concept of driving Sounds traffic - and this is a solid way to do that - but why wouldn't you also make the linear stream available on there?

It's not necessarily a criticism, I'm just genuinely intrigued by this puzzling decision and would love an explanation from the BBC as to its motivation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Swift boost for radio

If you were anywhere near a radio this morning, you’ll know it was Taylor Swift’s world and we were all just living in it. The billionaire s...